- Separation of transport and content
- Abstract implementation of transport using kio_http as backend and configurable URI schemes for the REST access
- Job-based transport API
- Concrete implementation of content classes providing a C++ native interface to the application. Maybe look into code generation for these classes.
- Value based API for content. Possibly with implicit sharing.
- Don't care about caching for now. Look into using Akonadi for that later.
- Implement an id based relations API on top of the data objects. Maybe Nepomuk can help here.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
I took some preliminary design decisions for the implementation of the Open Collaboration Services client library: